For the women who've cared for you, always!
It’s time to #PutHerFirst
Why is women's health important?
A woman's health is her total well-being, not determined solely by biological factors and reproduction, but also by effects of work load, nutrition, stress and her daily life. In our society, the health and happiness of a family are directly associated with women’s health. When they’re healthy, your family is happy.
The Importance of a Health Check.
Let’s face it, the women in our lives give a number of excuses to avoid seeing doctors on a regular basis. In reality, research shows that seeing a doctor often can not only minimize health issues but also save lives.
- Heart disease is the number 1 killer of men and women worldwide, and most risk factors of heart disease are not obvious.
- Most medical guidelines dictate that women should see their primary physician atleast once a year.
- Regular checkup provide doctors with information to detect issues early on. Popular health checks include:
- Cervical smear tests (Pap tests) for women
- Blood pressure tests
- Cholesterol level checks
- Body mass index (BMI) and obesity tests
- Diabetes checks
Share your Woman’s Day Message
- Start with an acknowledgment and #PutHerFirst on your Facebook status
- Upload your favorite picture of the woman in your life
- Write a thank you message
- Share it on your Facebook with #PutHerFirst